Fundamentalist Christianity

Ripped off from raincoasters blog, see her insightful response to a comment below:
raincoaster said,And see the full post on her excellent blog here.
January 29, 2007 at 5:46 am
Home schooling is actually pretty radical if you think about it, and relatively new as a social force. The connection with fundamentalist beliefs of ALL faiths is no accident.
There’s a danger in any absolutist philosophy of being a real jerk. When you believe that you not only know the truth but have a compelling moral obligation to convert people to your way of thinking, it’s easy to let one’s manners slide. It’s a MISSION, after all. But I believe that there is always a way to engage in possibly life-changing discourse without being an ass about it. God doesn’t want robot soldiers.

4 Comments:
Thank you for the Technorati juice. When it comes to Technorati, I'm a Crusader, not just a fundie!
You're welcome honey - thanks for the good stuff to post.
Dear Philipa
... but I can't help being a Jerkissimo
Mercifully, Jesus accepts the Sinner, not because of his Sin or wisdom or righteousness but because Jesus in His Mercy shed his Blood for us
mmm ... is it possible that non-Fundamentalists can also be intolerant Jerks too
Your obedient servant etc
GE
I'm taking the 5th.
Post a Comment
<< Home